Shangcai Care Home
Shangcai Care home is located in the Henan province of China and is a specialist memory care facility, designed by DWA Architects. The client brief called for a modern western styled home which incorporated the UK design philosophy and approach to dementia care whilst still integrating elements of Chinese culture. The design includes internal court yard gardens which are filled with local Chinese flowers and plants which provided the familiarity and safety someone with dementia requires whilst also providing a safe external environment.
- Location: Shangcai County, Henan Province
- Client: Shangcai Zhuang Yuan Hong Senior Care Centre
- 80 rooms/96 beds over two floors in 4-8 modular units.
- 8700m2 including the service and staff areas in the basement
- One floor specialist memory care, one floor nursing care.
- Direct access to sensory gardens. Internal courtyards, many rooms with balconies.
- 2nd floor cafe overlooking the entrance, PT/OT/ST suite, multifunction activity spaces, family dining, salon, shop, and reminiscence room.
- Part of a larger scheme with a hot spring hotel (opening in January) and distillery (Zhuang Yuan Hong spirits, a famous local brand) and weekend homes on site. Rural and park views.
- Ground works began this November. Targeted completion summer 2018.
- Designed to UK standards. First home of this quality in Henan Province, one of the most populous in China.
Leave a Comment